Digital Smile Design
Digitalized Smile Design (DSD) - The newest method in modern aesthetic Dentistry which presents to the world a new face of Dentistry, more patient friendly, emotional and artistic, but meanwhile more efficient and absolutely innovative. DSD is used at iDental as the first stage of diagnosis and planning. Digital modeling of the smile gives our patients unique opportunity to see the result even before the beginning of treatment. More than that, Digital Smile Design (DSD) allows the patient to actively participate in the creation of his own perfect smile and gives the opportunity to see the end result on digital photography.
Stages of creating Digital Smile Design (DSD):
- First of all, the patient formulates all the wishes concerning the expected final result.
- Having determined all the wishes of the patient, iDental receives a series of photos of the patient according to a certain protocol, then processes the received pictures in the graphic programs on the computer.
- Further, the analysis of DSD photos of the patient is conducted. This analysis allows the patient to choose the most appropriate and aesthetic option for a smile.
- Selected DSD photos are being sent to the dental technician to perform a wax-up, which is subsequently transferred with a silicone key into the mouth of the patient - even before the dentist starts working. At this stage, the patient can try on and evaluate the design of his new smile and, if desired, correct it.
- The final step is the production and installation of selected structures (crowns, veneers, lumineers, etc.).